Select style file(s) to convert:
- Select menu File | Open File(s) to open a single/multiple file.
- Select menu File | Open Folder, which will open a File Dialog showing Folders only. In this File Dialog select a style SOURCE folder. When closing this File Dialog another similar File Dialog will show. Now select a SAVE folder for the converted style files.
After selecting a style file or folders set conversion options:
- delete OTS section (if present)
- convert Mega Voices (if present)
- save style file(s) with a .sty extension. Otherwise the original extension is used
- use old CASM format. The mixer will not work at some models if saved in new (Tyros) CASM format
- set the file resolution to 480 ticks per quarter note
- change voices to GM voices.
Click button "Convert" to start the conversion process. Please wait...
If a style file has errors the conversion of this style file will be aborted.
Saving converted style files:
- "Single File" mode: A File Save Dialog is shown. Save the converted style file in a folder and a file name of your choice.
- "Folder" mode: The converted style files will be named "_" + original name + extension (defined above); e.g. "_SlowWaltz.sty" and automatically saved in the selected save folder.
Select menu File | Exit to end the program.
During the years the Mega Voices have got more complex, and the number has increased dramatically.
This means that the conversion of Mega Voices in some cases is rather problematic; and hence an individual revoicing of the style might be required.
Style Old Format Converter © 2004-2013 Jørgen Sørensen. All Rights Reserved.
You should carefully read the following terms and conditions before using this program.
Copyright laws apply to this program, and the copyright holder retains all rights. The program must NOT be altered or decompiled nor included as part of another system or program without permission from the holder of copyright. Uploading to web sites or file servers or inclusion at cd's, copying to other persons etc. is strictly prohibited.
Users of Style Old Format Converter must accept this disclaimer of warranty: Style Old Format Converter and its related documentation is supplied as is. The author disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability and fitness for any purpose. The author assumes no liability for damages, direct or consequential, which may result from the use or inability to use Style Old Format Converter.