What is YEP
A Yamaha Expansion Pack is a package which adds more content to the keyboard:
- Styles (optional)
Voices and styles are merged into a file, having a "yep" extension.
Some YEPs contain Registrations and/or MultiPads. These data are not included in the "yep" file.
Where to get
YEPs can be obtained from Yamaha Website Shop - http://www.yamaha.com.
Besides the YEPs for sale, some free YEPs can be found at Free Expansion Packs
- YEPs for the A2000, S750 and S950 have the same format.
- YEPs for S650 is another format.
The size of YEPs is limited by the keyboards storing capacity.
Software for extracting and editing content in YEPs.
Styles In yep Files
- This software will extract the style files from YEPs. Styles In YEP Files
- First version was released June 6 2012. Has been updated lately.
YEP Voice Manager
- This software is for managing yep files. Adding/removing voices and/or styles. YEP Voice Manager - beta v2.zip
- The software is still in development. Follow and contribute to Václav Müller's project at PSR Tutorial Forum.
- Those having the above mentioned keyboard models can help a lot by testing...
Voice editing software
- Editing voices in YEPs is possible in some cases.
- If the voice is in wave format you can use Goldwave or another Digital Audio Editor.
- If it is uTG format... Sorry, no luck...
Expansion Voice Editor
- This software is for creating yep files. This is a Yamaha software program. The program and the manual are not available for public. Sorry...